CrossFit is a fitness regimen that uses a mix of strength training, Olympic weightlifting, calisthenics, gymnastics, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises performed to push oneself to the limit. In this article, we’ll share with you some of the best CrossFit exercises you can do anywhere, even if you’ve never hit the gym before.
Doing CrossFit Exercises Anytime, Anywhere
CrossFit is a popular fitness and conditioning trend and one that is constantly growing in popularity. But it’s not just the “CrossFitters” who are doing it. Anyone can get in on the fitness buzz with the right moves and a bit of creativity. Check out the following CrossFit exercises that you can do outside the gym or rather anywhere:
- Running -. One of the CrossFit workouts you can perform anywhere in the 30-minute easy run. This is great for those who live in a large city and have no access to a place to run on a regular basis.
- Mountain Climbers — Mountain climbers are described as one of the most difficult CrossFit exercises you can perform. All you need is a spot to climb, a rope, and a belay. One of the most popular CrossFit exercises is called the “Mountain Climbers,” where a series of pull-ups is used to ascend a rope.
- Handstand Holds — CrossFit is a fitness regimen that anyone can follow, but mastering the handstand is no easy feat. It takes a lot of practice to get the body into the right position, but anyone can do it. If you are looking for a handstand hold that is both difficult and fun, then look no further than the spiderman hold. This handstand involves one handstand pushing with both feet against the wall.
- Walking Lunges — this is a great way to build your lower body strength. You don’t need any equipment to walking lunges. The movement is made up of two parts: the first is “walking,” the second is “lunging.” The walking section of the exercise is performed standing on one leg. The lunging section is performed by stepping forward with the same leg as the standing leg.
- Superman — is one of the CrossFit exercises you can perform anywhere. To perform it, you need to be able to squat with a bar loaded on your back, legs shoulder-width apart, and toes pointing straight down. Then, you should pick up the bar with both arms and hold it with your arms in front of your chest. From here, you should bend your knees, raise your feet off the floor, and return the bar to the starting position. It’s not as easy as it sounds, and many people can’t even get the bar to their back, let alone pick it up. Planks —
- Planks- are one of the top three CrossFit exercises. It is inexpensive to do and can be done anywhere. Planks are great for the shoulders, back, abs, and core. It is a great exercise to do while watching TV or a movie.
- Sit-Ups — The butterfly sit-up is a fantastic CrossFit exercise that can be performed anywhere. That’s right—anywhere. The butterfly sit-up includes a movement known as a straddle, and it can be performed by anyone, at any fitness level, anywhere.
- Push-Ups — This exercise is quite simple and can be done anywhere. Hitting the floor with your hands shoulder-width apart and lowering your body until your chest touches your hands is a simple way to strengthen your chest and triceps while also raising the heart rate and oxygen consumption.
- The Burpee — is often performed in max rep or timed variations, where your goal is to perform more repetitions than the time you have to perform them. In general, performing a burpee involves jumping up from a squat position, performing a push-up, throwing both legs behind you, and then immediately jumping back into a squat position.
- The Air Squat — one of the most practical exercises in the CrossFit arsenal: while it doesn’t require any equipment, you can do it anywhere and anytime you have access to a wall. Just about any type of surface can be used; you can use kipping or strict pull-ups if you don’t have a wall to lean against. The main thing to remember is that it’s about putting your hands on the ground and driving through your heels to press off the ground.
A common misconception about CrossFit is that the workouts are only for those who live in a gym. However, this isn’t true because you can perform any workout from anywhere. That’s why the best part of CrossFit is that it can be done anywhere, at home or in the office, and you can take it with you anywhere you go.